Set to accommodate 1,700 inmates, Clarence Correctional Centre is the new correctional facility which will serve the northern part of New South Wales. Located 12.5km from Grafton, the new prison is one of the largest in Australia and part of the New South Wales’ Government initiative Better Prisons Program.
The new prison will operate with highly advanced security and surveillance systems and will also have rehabilitation facilities for inmates.
Fredon provided the High Voltage, Low Voltage and Communication services to the site. Specific works included:
- Install High Voltage Main Switch Boards with 22 Substations
- Fitout of 3 ring mains comprising of 8km of 11kv cabling sitewide
- Low voltage installation of internal light fittings and external light poles and lights, power reticulation and UPS systems.
- Install of 130km backbone fibre optic cabling across three sitewide networks.
- Supply three 11KV 1.5Mva diesel generators capable of running the site (via load shedding) for three days upon loss of mains power
The correctional centre is scheduled to be operational by mid-2020.