Caroline Springs Shopping Centre is a premium convenience retail precinct located 32km west of Melbourne’s CBD. The centre underwent an extension which involved the build of a new Woolworths supermarket, ten speciality stores, expansion of the centre amenities which included new parents room and an additional 240 carpark spaces for customers.
A key feature of the expansion included the installation of 2500 solar panels to reduce the centre’s carbon footprint.
Fredon were engaged to supply and install Electrical and Communications works on the retail expansion.
Fredon delivered the following:
- Installation of a new 804KW Solar System to rooftop of the shopping centre
- Installation of new car park lighting throughout precinct
- Light, power and communications to the Mall
- Construction of a new Woolworths store including light, power and data
- 17 New Tenancy Submains, distribution boards and IDF frames
- Main Switch Board installation including HV incoming infrastructure
- Upgrade of existing shopping centre switchboards for embedded metering provision
In February 2019, the building achieved a 4 Star Green Star Design & As Built rating.
The new expansion was opened to the public in April 2019.