Situated in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, the iconic David Jones Elizabeth Street flagship store is going through a refurbishment to rejuvenate the 180-year-old retailer into the present.
The renovation of the heritage-listed building will see the remodelling of the top three corporate floors into extra retail space and further renewal to the pre-existing retail levels. The expansion of the retail space will make way for the relocation of the men’s department and food hall from the Market Street store into the Elizabeth Street building.
Mainbrace Construction engaged Fredon for the design, supply and installation of the electrical and communication services.
Project works include:
- Supply and installation of New Main Switchboard in basement
- New earthing to new Main Switchboard
- Tenant distribution boards and Tee off boxes
- Sub mains to distribution boards and associated cable containment
- Wiring cables for power outlets from each tenant distribution board
- New lighting installation and fixtures, floor boxes, New lighting control system (Dynalite), New escape lighting and exit signs
- Power including supplies to fire & HVAC equipment by others
- New Communications Cat6a cabling for data outlets from each tenant communications room to outlets & workstations
- Communications backbone copper & fibre cabling
- New lightning protection testing & certification
The project is scheduled to be fully delivered by March 2020.
“We found the entire Fredon team including their site management and on-site delivery teams to be hard working, collaborative, accommodating and fair in all dealings. We were impressed with the high standard of finish achieved on the project. We look forward to working with Fredon again and would recommend them for other prospective clients.”
– Chris, Senior Project Manager at Mainbrace Constructions