Fredon was engaged to perform a high voltage electrical upgrade at the Gallipoli Barracks, Enoggera QLD. The project involved the replacement, relocation and upgrade of substation kiosks
It was a vital requirement of the project to maintain minimal disturbance to the daily operations of the army base. Fredon carried out an extensive audit of the existing infrastructure and planned the upgrades in stages before the commencement of any demolition or construction.
The substation upgrades were gradually conducted following the planned detailed phases and incorporated:
- Installation of Switchboards, Transformers, Ring Main Units
- Detailed Earthing Requirements
- Installation of Metering & Monitoring systems
- Installation of Lighting Control Systems
- Supply and Install Cable pit & underground conduit systems
- Provide extensive civil works
The project was challenging and logistically detailed, and was completed in March 2019.