The luxury hotel and resort brand InterContinental Hotel has expanded its reach to Perth. InterContinental Perth City Centre is a 16 storey, 240-room hotel perched within the heart of Perth’s historic King Street Precinct.
The hotel is uniquely Western Australian themed, with over around 300 commissioned pieces of art by Western Australian artists dotted within the premises. The menus across the dining establishments within the hotel have a deep focus on sourcing and serving local and regionally produced food and beverages.
Fredon was engaged as a Design and Construct contractor for all Electrical, Communication and Lighting System works on the project, which involved:
- Creating around 80% of design drawings to be review by the contractor before construction
- Supply and install recommended alternative light fittings, which improved energy efficiency and the timely delivery of the project, as well as installation of client-supplied light fittings
- Supply and installation of full structured cabling solution both front and back off house
- Supply of lighting control and integrated room automation
- Replacement of existing incoming supply with new from Western Power substation with no disruption to construction activities
- Supply and installation of new switchboards from SMSB to room distribution boards including all submains
- Design and supply of the GPON fibre back bone including Communications racks
- Supply and installation of UPS power supplies
The project was under a stringent 12-month timeframe, requiring the team to develop innovative solutions to improve efficiency on site, to enable completion of multiple levels concurrently.
Construction was completed by June 2017.