Perth Children’s Hospital is a new healthcare facility built to provide a world class healthcare for children and young adolescents. The facilities consist of 298 inpatient beds, 13 operating theatres, sterilisation and clinical services, research laboratories and teaching areas.
John Holland appointed Fredon to provide the design and construction of the HVAC services for the hospital. The project involved multiple contractors and required Fredon to demonstrate their capabilities to coordinate with different stakeholders from site works to higher level of BIM coordination.
Fredon was able to provide and demonstrate their innovative abilities to design and build prefabricated ductwork risers offsite. This led to a seamless installation of the units and increased efficiency onsite.
The works began in July 2013 and Fredon was involved in the works of:
- Commissioning of smoke, stair and operating theatre systems
- Installation of Mechanical Plantrooms – including the mechanical and fitout the basement and 13 operating theatre suite
- Installation Stairwell Pressuriation
- Atrium Smoke Spill Systems
- Installation of Air-Conditioning and Ventilation in the Lift Motor Room
- Installation of the ventilation system in the Multilevel Basement Carpark
Works were completed in May 2017.