The Star Casino, located in Pyrmont, Sydney NSW, is undergoing an extensive transformation to update and revive its facilities and enhance its luxury guest experience.
The refurbishment involves a new hotel lobby and grand foyer, expansion and refurbishment of the premium VIP gaming zones, as well as improvements to the arrival driveway, renovations to the existing Sydney Electric Lighting Station heritage building and upgrades to back of house and basement level infrastructure.
Fredon was awarded Principal Contractor on the multi-services project. Our HVAC division was engaged in the Mechanical B4 Plant Upgrades, and our Electrical Division completed in the Design and Construction of the Low Voltage upgrades in the plantroom.
The teams delivered the works while the venue was live and operational.
Specific works included:
- Demolition, excavation and construction of a new basement level plantroom – which included excavating sandstone four levels below the Casino and 10 meters below sea level
- Removal and replacement of the (3) x 70,000 Litre Diesel tank system with custom onsite fabricated stainless steel tanks, pipes and 2 Diesel laundering systems
- Reconfiguring Live CHW headers while maintain casino operations
- Installation of a new 5MW chiller and associated pumps
- Upgrade of Seawater Heater Rejection Plant
- Modification to ventilation systems, mechanical electrical, MCC’s, BMS controls, pipework, insulation and recommissioning.
- Supply, Installation and modifications to trays, light and power in plantroom
- LV electrical installations; including termination of cables and submains
- Upgrade of SCADA system to monitor pump flow, tank levels and leak detection
- Design/Installation of 380mtrs of 2000A Busduct
The B4 Plantroom reached practical completion in November 2019.