The engineering and mathematical science students at the University of Western Australia will engage in a new transformational education experience within the new EZONE student hub.
The hub is a collaborative learning and engagement space for students, staff, researchers and industry leaders. It features 11 teaching rooms, three laboratories, dedicated office space for research students, a living laboratory and a cafe.
Fredon provided the mechanical components of the project, which involved the refurbishment of the existing building, and the construction of a new building. Specifics work undertaken include:
- Connecting both buildings to the university’s Chilled Water Ring Main
- Extending and connecting the existing ring main, which included inground pipework
- Supply and Install both buildings with a dedicated Heating Hot Water Supply System completed with Modulex Hot Water Generators
- Installing a fully functional thermodynamics lab and motorsports lab in the existing building
- Supply and Install the new building with exhaust systems for concrete cutting and hydraulic labs
The EZONE was completed in May 2020.