The redevelopment of Melbourne Park is part of the Victorian Government’s strategy to present the precinct as a world-class facility to host various local and international sporting and entertainment events.
Stage 3 of the redevelopment will involve the build of a new function and media centre which will feature a ballroom and pre-function area on level 2. The upper level will have a 200 seat auditorium, broadcast studios, breakout rooms and an outdoor terrace. The precinct will also receive a new 5000 seat multi-purpose show court arena as well as two new match courts and a central logistics hub including central kitchen and loading dock.
Fredon were engaged by Lendlease to supply the following electrical and communication, security and audio visual works:
- Temporary Electrical Works
- EMI Shielding
- MSB’s and Distribution Boards
- Power Factor Correction and Active Harmonic Systems
- Mains & Submains Cabling
- UPS Systems
- Internal and External Landscape Lighting & Lighting Control, Emergency Lighting
- 122kw PV Solar System
- Lightning Protection, Seismic and Fire Rating
- Security System Power & Data Requirements
- PA/EWIS System
- MATV / IPTV System Hearing Augmentation System
The final stage of the redevelopment began in 2019, and all works are scheduled for completion in time for Australian Open 2023.