North Kellyville Public School is a newly built primary school situated in the north-west of Sydney. During mid construction, they were granted funding for the Cooler Classroom Program. The program is a NSW Department of Education initiative which focuses on providing comfortable classrooms environments for students.
The principal contractor, ADCO Constructions, awarded Fredon with the task to design and construct a HVAC system for the school.
Fredon delivered a complete reverse cycle refrigerated HVAC system which included the following:
- Completed ducuted roof ventilation system
- Toliet exhaust system
- General Classroom exhaust systems
- BMS system to control all ventaliation systems
- 24 VRF Condensing Units
- 95 Indoor Ceiling Cassette systems, completed with motion detecting Fascia panels
- 7 Central Controllers connected into the modified BMS Systems
- 5 Mechanical Services Switchboards
- CO2 Sensors with audible and visual alarms in each room to alert staff of rising CO2 levels.
The team were on a tight schedule with 80% of the project completed in the final two months. Fredon completed the project on time, on budget, ready for the new school year.