The Lifehouse is the new cancer care specialized hospital at the Royal Prince Alfred Health Care Campus.
The building comprises 11 Levels of hospital accommodations with total occupied floor area of 30,000 m2 and 2 levels of basement car parks with floor area of 8,000 m2.
Fredon Air provided full design and construct services in the building which incorporated;
- 10 interventional operating theatres.
- Diagnostic imaging centre.
- Kitchen and hotel Services.
- Retail areas.
- A pharmacy department, including a cytotoxic suite.
- Day therapy department.
- Staff office accommodations.
- Intensive care unit.
- Inpatient wards, including isolation rooms.
- Research labs.
- Data centre.
The building was designed to achieve a minimum of self-accredited 4 star Greenstar rating.
Mechanical services provided :
- Building Management System.
- Basement car park mechanical ventilation systems.
- Smoke hazard management system.
- Central heating and chilled water plant including a dedicated low temperature chilled water system, serving 13C heart surgery operating theatres.
- Full mechanical air handling plant, providing air conditioning and ventilation to all areas including energy recovery arrangements.
- Prefabricated duct and pipe systems to reticulate air and water to various areas of the building.