The Glen, located south-east of Melbourne’s CBD, received a five-stage modern transformation to become the premium shopping and entertainment destination in Glen Waverley.
The centre now boasts a retail space of approximately 78,000m2 with an additional 200 new retail outlets. These include a fresh food market hall, two food dining precincts, an outdoor restaurant precinct and retail refurbishments to major and mini-major international brands.
Fredon delivered the mechanical works across six sections of the centre, which also included approximately 225 tenancy fitouts. The specific tasks undertaken includes:
- Installation of gas connections to plant
- Supply and install HVAC systems to speciality retailers
- Supply and install Base Building Cooling and Heating Plant and their required systems.
- Installation of exhaust and ventilation systems in major and mini-major retailers, carpark, back of house operation rooms.
- Energy Metering.
- Installation of BMS and integration to existing systems.
The Glen is now open to the public to experience premium retail, dining and entertainment services.